Zhonghua Secondary School’s NCDCC is built on a culture of care, service and excellence. We aim to develop our cadets into active citizens equipped with life-saving skills. Our motto of “We Learn, We Lead, We Serve” encapsulates the journey of NCDCC cadets in three phases:
- We Learn – Cadets will be equipped with the Triangle of Life skills, which include basic firefighting, first aid and CPR+AED. Through a structured curriculum, cadets will develop the skills and dispositions to step up as Community First Responders to help themselves and others in times of need.
- We Lead - Cadets will cultivate soft skills such as communication (including methods of instruction), relationship management and social awareness to develop themselves into effective leaders. Cadets will also deepen their competencies to lead as a cadet specialist either in Fire Safety, Medical Response, or Urban Search and Rescue.
- We Serve – Cadets are empowered to serve the school and the wider community through public duties and public education platforms such as the NCDCC Service Month. Senior cadet specialists will also serve as mentors to groom the next batch of lifesavers and leaders.
- Basic firefighting, first aid and CPR+AED modules & certification
- NCDCC Precision Drill Challenge
- NCDCC Urban Adventure Civil Defence Skills Challenge
- NCDCC Unit Drill Instructor Course
- Unit Leadership Camps
- Unit Bonding Day, Appreciation Day, Cohesion Day
- Unit Sports Enrichment
Please click on this link for CCA schedule and contact details of CCA teachers.