Home > Programmes > Talent Development Programme (TDP)
Talent Development Programme (TDP)
Zhonghua Talent Development Programme (TDP)
Zhonghua Talent Management Programme is a 4-year developmental programme started in 2013 customised and differentiated for selected students who are cognitively inclined and show strong interests and motivation in the cognitive domain. Riding on the national push for STEM education, special programmes are tailored to stretch the potential of this group of students to achieve personal success holistically.
The Zhonghua Talent Development Programme (TDP) aims to:
- Provide a more challenging curriculum for higher ability/high potential students,
- Set a strong foundation for student success at future national assessment platforms,
- Produce students who are Passionate Learners in Pursuit of Excellence, Independent Learner and Dynamic, and Resilient leader with a passion for Innovation.
Sec 1 and 2 students who displayed strong intellectual and cognitive abilities are identified. This is achieved through various identification methods:
- Quantitative Results – Assessment Results,
- Qualitative Results - Recommendations from Year Head, Form teachers and Subject Teachers,
Selected students will then go through an interview before confirmation in the programme.
PRESENTATION ON CURRENT AFFAIRS EL WORKSHOP
VR WORKSHOP IN MATH AND SCIENCE
LIFESKILLS WORKSHOP IN REPUBLIC POLY FOR SEC 3 and 4 TDP STUDENTS
LEARNING JOURNEY TO NATIONAL KIDNEY FOUNDATION AND SPREADING AWARENESS OF KIDNEY DISEASE
INTERVIEW SKILLS WORKSHOP @ REPUBLIC POLYTECHNIC
14 MARCH 2016
Some of the Sec 3 and 4 TMP students signed up for the interviewing skills workshop held at Republic Polytechnic during the March Holiday. The students learnt techniques of preparing for interviews and also other soft skills like watching out for their body language and postures. This workshop would prepare and help them better in scholarships interviews or other placement interviews in future.
Please click here to look at two of the students’ reflection.
JOURNALISM WORKSHOP by Ex-Zhonghua Student
29 MARCH 2016
The Sec 2 TMP students were given a talk by an ex-Zhonghua student, who is now a reporter at a local newspaper. She shared on what went behind the scenes as a news reporter, how interviews are carried out and written into news articles. The session allows students to learn the job of the news reporter and could inspire some of them to pursue a career in journalism in future.
Competition participated by TMP students
Students in TMP are also given opportunities to be mentored and given specialised training for competitions. The key competitions participated include:
- Singapore Mathematics Project Festival (SMPF)
- Singapore Mathematics Olympiad (SMO)
- American Mathematics Competition (AMC)
- Singapore Mathematic Kangaroo Contest
- CHAOS - Creative and Heuristics Application of Science Competition
- C.B Paul Science Competition
- Singapore National Stamp Collecting Competition
- Hwa Chong International United Nations School Model (HMUN)
- C.B Paul Science Competition
- English Commonwealth Essay Competition